May 30, 2022
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau filed new regulations and a draft law today to kill the legal handgun market by this fall, as he works to weaken citizens, destroy shooting sports, and eliminate personal gun ownership.
Regulations Via Order in Council
To ensure the national freeze on handguns can be implemented swiftly, the Minister of Public Safety has already tabled regulatory amendments in both the House of Commons and the Senate. These regulations will help stop the growth of personally owned handguns in Canada and are expected to come into force in Fall 2022.
Justin Trudeau, Press Release, 30 May 2022
New Bill C-21
The government also introduced Bill C-21 in the House of Commons.
Both the regulations and the draft legislation aim to criminalize anyone with a government-issued firearm Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) who buys, sells, imports, or transfers any legally owned pistol or revolver.
Death of Handgun Sports, Clubs, Ranges, Careers
- Trudeau called his political and regulatory attacks against honest citizens the strongest anti-gun measures in more than 40 years.
- The crackdown will immediately end so-called RPAL classes to get a handgun licence.
- It will eventually end all handgun sports, force all handgun clubs and ranges to close, terminate the careers of professionals in the handgun industry, and make it impossible for police and security guards to train with their personal pistols.
- The roughly 330,000 existing handgun owners will be allowed to keep our roughly 1.1 million handguns until we die (for now). Then it’s forced confiscation after death.
- The free market outside government control is unaffected.
Olympic Pistol Shooter Responds
“Someone is going to have to explain to me how restricting the sale of handguns has any impact on ILLEGAL guns or violence… It does make it impossible to buy new sports equipment in the future.”
Someone is going to have to explain to me how restricting the sale of handguns has any impact on ILLEGAL guns or violence… It does make it impossible to buy new sports equipment in the future. How does THAT solve crime??? https://t.co/xVPcYcQDow
— Lynda Kiejko OLY (@Cdnshootingstar) May 30, 2022
Other Prohibitions and Restrictions
- Simplified “red-flag” system to easily and quickly confiscate guns from licensed owners.
- New prohibitions on certain airguns.
- The Liberals “will require long-gun magazines to be permanently altered so they can never hold more than five rounds,” according to Trudeau’s press release.
- TheGunBlog.ca couldn’t find this in Bill C-21.
- Unclear if it includes tube magazines in shotguns and lever guns.
- Overhaul the firearm-classification system so that certain rifles and shotguns are “automatically prohibited when they enter the market.”
- Related (May 2020): Liberals Plan New Classification Law to ‘Quickly’ Ban New Guns
- Begin compensating victims of Trudeau’s May 2020 mass rifle and shotgun confiscations this year.
What You Can Do
- If there’s a handgun you’ve been thinking about, buy it now.
- It’s risky. What’s legal today could be prohibited tomorrow.
- Trudeau and his Liberal Party are the most-hostile political force against lawful gun users and are constantly working to suppress us.
Canadian gun owners need to get this:
– The entire legislative + regulatory framework for having and using guns falls under criminal law.
– The system ISN’T designed to simplify or encourage personal gun ownership.
– The system is designed to SUPPRESS personal gun ownership.
— TheGunBlog.ca (@TheGunBlog) May 19, 2022